BMFG Doctrinal Statement
Section 1. Purpose of Statement
Our Doctrinal Statement is not a creed. In a sense, the whole Bible is our creed. We recognize the existence of many differences in interpretation among genuine Disciples of the Lord1. We are, however, convinced that to avoid a looseness which might result in the admission of unbelievers2 to our Fellowship, or even believers who are unprepared to cooperate in the Fellowship and work to which God has called us, certain minimum Biblical doctrinal tests must be established, the rejection of any of which shall be grounds for ineligibility to become a Gatekeeper3 in any BMFG Gate.4 These essential doctrinal statements follow in Section 2.
Section 2. The Statement
#1 We Believe in One God, maker of all things, revealing himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
#2 We Believe in the Son of God, Yeshua5 the Messiah6 (Jesus5 the Christ6), who became incarnate, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, died on the cross, was resurrected from the dead, and is true God and true man.
#3 We Believe in the Resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
#4 We Believe in Salvation of the believers by grace through faith, through the shed blood of the Messiah (the Christ) that we confess to others.
#5 We Believe in the Bible, in its entirety, in all of its 66 books, in its original form, to be the Inspired Word of God and the only infallible rule of faith and conduct, “and the scripture cannot be broken”, for “thy law is the truth”.
#6 We Believe in Divine Healing, through our faith, and that healing is included in the Atonement.
#7 We Believe in the Disciple’s Hope (believer’s hope) – the imminent, personal return of the Lord Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ).
#8 We Believe in Intensive World Wide Evangelicalism and missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission, with signs following.
#9 We Believe in being “Filled with the Spirit!” and that “you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit”, accompanied by power to witness for the Lord, as evidenced by a strong One13 Letter,7 and exercising some8 of the nine gifts of the Spirit, listed in 1 Corinthians 12.9
#10 We Believe in Sanctification by the blood of the Messiah (the Christ), in personal holiness of the heart and life, and in the fruit of the living an exchanged life.
#11 We Believe in Giving! Giving to the Lord as directed by your Local Assembly,10 and giving as the Lord personally directs us to give.11 “God loves a cheerful giver!”
#12 We Believe in Fellowship and Communication.12 that is Supporting, Encouraging, Motivating, Inspiring Men In The Workplace, Home and Community!
Section 3.Statement Applied
The acceptance of the Twelve (12) doctrinal points stated in Section 2 of this Article are essential to a becoming a Gatekeeper in the National, Regional and Local Gates. While we recognize the obligation of maintaining spiritual love, and union toward all true Disciples of the Lord, who may not accept all of these doctrinal points, and we welcome them to our Fellowship gatherings, however, they are not permitted any voice in the conduct of our activities, and are ineligible for membership in the National, Regional or Local Gates.
- “Disciples of the Lord” or “Disciples” or “believers” refer to persons who have entered into an Exchanged Life with the Lord (through being “Born-Again” by the Holy Spirit). This is also called a “Born-Again, Bible Following Christian”).
- “Unbelievers” in this sense, are either persons who have not entered into an Exchanged Life with the Lord (through being “Born-Again” by the Holy Spirit, with a One13 Letter7 written by God). Or persons who are not living an Exchanged Life following the Bible.
- BMFG Gatekeepers are essentially BMFG members.
- BMFG Gates are essentially BMFG chapters.
- Yeshua is the original name of the Son of God. Some today call him Jesus.
- Messiah means “The Anointed.” Essentially the same as “The Christ.”
- The “One13 Letter” is a written or spoken, “five minute personal salvation testimony”, without religious terms, that if spoken would be in the 1-1-3 format: Up to one minute of what you life was like before receiving the Messiah (the Christ). Up to one minute of how you received Yeshua (Jesus) as your Lord (including where and when you did this). The remainder of the five minutes about what God has done in your life since you received the Lord. This testimony should be practiced to be within +/- 15 seconds of five minutes.
- “Exercising some of the nine gifts of the Spirit.” BMFG Officers are required to exercise more than one spiritual gift before being elected / appointed to an office. Gatekeepers are only required to be living an Exchanged Life and seeking spiritual gifts.
- Bible verses given here, and in Our Expanded BMFG Bible Doctrine, are not exhaustive, but representative.
- “Local Assembly” would include a religion, church, congregation, or home fellowship that the Gatekeeper is a member of, or if no membership exist, that the Gatekeeper attends regularly, and feels a part of. Most churches teach tithing, and if this is the case, the Gatekeeper needs to “pay his tithe” to his church before giving anything to help BMFG. Likewise, the Gatekeeper needs to be in “Good Standing” with his church, or well spoken of within the community of his “Local Assembly.”
- Giving for Gatekeepers also includes supporting the events and activities of the local BMFG Gate. Giving is more than money, it is also time, energy, effort and kindness all rolled into one!
- Fellowship and Communication are essential to strengthen our Exchanged Lives in the Lord, and to reach the lost! Fellowship includes regular attendance at your Local Assembly and in the events and meetings of your local BMFG Gate. Communication, with other Gatekeepers, with other BMFG Gates, to and from the National Gate, and with the lost, are vital to the growth of the Fellowship. In light of this we should employ every method available to us. Videos, DVDs. Internet websites, email, cell phones, and every modern means to communicate must be used! Each Gate should maintain a website, and have a Web Servant as an officer, The National Gate must have a website that has most questions answered!